Donate Blood

Donate Blood
Give to Save someone you know, or someone you don't.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

chocolate covered pretzel clusters





So since I figured out that I could make the chocolate covered strawberries easily and cheaply I have been wondering what else I could chocolate cover.......Hello!

PRETZELS!!!!!!

So for mothers day the kids and I made chocolate half dipped pretzels ("half" so we would not get our fingers too messy). We placed them in the freezer to harden for about 10 minutes and then wrapped them up and delivered them to the neighborhood moms. They loved it. Since my family is 6000 miles from me I have turned my neighbors into my family away from home.

After that charming day of fun I looked over at the little bits of pretzels and wondered if I should throw it out.....then the light bulb went off (I know I didn't invent them....but for me this is rocket science) Why not toss those pretzel pieces in the bowl with the left over chocolate! so that is what I did. And Voila! Chocolate covered pretzel clusters!

YUMMY!

EAT ONLY ONE! Please.......save some for the rest of the neighbors.


Enjoy!

Recipe:

1-2 cups of chocolate semi-sweet morsels
about 2 cups of pretzels pieces (the broken stuff) you can crush them "lightly"

melt chocolate chips in a bowl for about 30 second intervals for a total of 2-2.5 minutes. stir the chocolate at the intervals. Do not burn

Place pretzel pieces in a medium bowl and pour the melted chocolate over the pretzels stirring the chocolate evenly throughout the pretzels.

spoon the pretzel pieces into desired size clusters onto wax paper-on a cookie tray or plate. (use the wax paper it helps)

place the tray in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes for yummy harden-ness. Enjoy!

Variations:

1.You can also drizzle white chocolate over the clusters to add a pretty and yummy options
You can melt the white chocolate chips in the same way as the semi-sweet and drizzle at any time. You could also use white chocolate to make the clusters and drizzle the semi-sweet!

2.while still melted sprinkle the clusters with "sprinkles" of any color

3.Add also nuts, m&ms, mini marshmallows (Another epiphany!-Chocolate covered marshmallow lollipops!.....with sprinkles!) Go Wild!

*Great for gifts during the holidays (use red and green sprinkles)
*Treats for kids parties

The best thing about this recipe is the kids can have all of the fun of making them and delivering them!......okay, who are we kidding, they'll probably eat them up. So monitor them closely. =)

5 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Chocolate strawberries? Yum. Chocolate pretzels? I'll have to take your word for this.

Kalei said...

haha! They are Yummier than they look. Salty and Sweet are a good combination.

Jason said...

chocolate covered pretzels...mmmm...

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Wow, thanks for the recipe.

Bunny Bee said...

yummy yummy! Its great for parties!

Fun Blog!