You will need:
1. $4 mini food processor bought during black friday sales at Walmart in 2008.
2. bread that will be going bad any day now from "sitting too long on the shelf disease"
3. Toaster Oven for #2 Bread
4. A Daughter named Violet
5. Knife to cut toast
6. About 10-25 minutes (depending on distractions from small children)Recipe Like this one taken from here.
- 1 16 oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup liquid from can of chickpeas
- 3-5 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on taste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preparation:Drain chickpeas and set aside liquid from can. Combine remaining ingredients in blender or food processor. Add 1/4 cup of liquid from chickpeas. Blend for 3-5 minutes on low until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
Place in serving bowl, and create a shallow well in the center of the hummus.
Add a small amount (1-2 tablespoons) of olive oil in the well. Garnish with parsley (optional).