Donate Blood

Donate Blood
Give to Save someone you know, or someone you don't.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Creature Crafts project

I have decided to try and learn how to make a few creature crafts. I love animals of all types and have decided to partake in a month of creatures to be loved.

I will post the blogs randomly, but am really excited about my project ambitions. As this is the idea stage I have a few must have ambitious projects that I will list, however the finished products won't come till the end of this week. One by one. I will post the links to them when I finish each blog.

Thanks!


OWL PILLOW.-
I always love seeing these guys and don't get tired of them. something special about the owl. In Hawaiian Mythology the white owl can protect you and guide you out of trouble. So as this is my inspiration I will do the White Owl with my daughters initials on each wing. Here is the Initial drawing inspiration that I drew based on a project in the craft book:

"One Yard Wonders" by Rebecca Yaker and Patricia Hoskins. This book is awesome! there are 101 sewing projects that all use 1 yard or less of fabric. I know I have a lot of one yard "what do I do with this" fabric. Anywhooo.....back to my project


Monkey Blanket:

I made this one already, but I will show you all the fun stuff close up as well as the finished product. Hope you like what you see.



The 3 Toed Sloth:

I did some browsing on the internet for the inspiration to my project. It's still undetermined, but there were some fantastic artists, cartoonists and doodlers out there with the ability to inspire me. work in progress. I have to remember to keep it simple otherwise I don't know if I can't get it done. Probably a blanket, towel or pillow. wait and see!


Maybe I'll write a book titled: All the animals you can make with fabric from A-Z.....I think it would only take about 10 years to write. =)

More coming:
Elephants
Giraffes
Fish
Cat
Dog
Insects
Gecko
Lion
Zebra

I would be more then excited if I get 3 of the creature crafts done. keep watch this month!

Antibloggedy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Those are lovely drawings, can't wait to see what you come up with. I love owls and always have.

newDawn said...

love the idea, looking forward to seeing the results.

Aaron Thomae said...

I enjoyed reading your blog, please read mine and let me know what you think!

bestvacationdestinations.blogspot.com/

Keep up the good work!